FEMA Maps of Project Areas
Update: The City of Oakland has expanded the amount of public land that will be subject to clear cutting and herbicide poisoning. In addition to the North Oakland Sports field and Skyline Blvd Open Space (between Grizzly Peak Blvd. & Tunnel Road) already partially funded by FEMA, the following areas are now also on the chopping block:
- Beaconsfield Canyon - 4.37 acres
- Dimond Canyon Park - 77.06 acres
- Oak Knoll Redevelopment - 4.7 acres
- Dunsmuir House & Gardens - 63.94 acres
- Sheffield Village Open Space -171.42 acres
- Garber Park - 13.82 acres
- Shepherd Canyon Park & Montclair RR Trail - 34 acres
- Joaquin Miller Park - 427.03 acres
- Montclair Park -16.06 acres
- King Estates Park - 79.8 acres
- Knowland Park - 454.94 acres
- London Road -10 acres
- And more...
North Oakland Regional Sports Center and surrounding areas totaling 53 acres on one side and 66 acres on the other will be clear cut and subject to repeated application of cancer-causing herbicides. Read our letter to neighbors in those communities by clicking here and here.
Click on the photos for more information. These are just some of the parks scheduled for deforestation. All told, over 3,000 acres of forest spanning 11 parks and East Bay public lands will be destroyed.